Thursday, February 10, 2011

Daddy!!!!!

Squealed an exuberant baby K when she saw Edward!!! Edward and I are finding that we now work in shifts! He takes a shower during baby K's morning play outside, then we try to switch off! Key word there is try...though I didnt get a shower in yesterday until dinnertime! Yikes! So, yesterday, he took a shower and was away from us for about 15 minutes, We were outside watching the birds before her morning nap and I had her in my arms. Then I hear an exuberant squeal..."Daddy"!!! Followed by arms flailing and reaching towards Edward, as he was walking towards us! It's a moment that will forever be ingrained in my memory! I will surely cherish for a lifetime, that in 72 hours, we have become baby K's Mommy and Daddy, the fortunate people that God entrusted this little angel with. I am grateful for the peace that Jesus has put in my heart. It's as if, I was always meant to do this...

6 comments:

  1. Daddy!!! Edward must have LOVED hearing that from his precious little girl!!! It sounds like Kitin's foster family did a great job of preparing her for meeting you guys. It is wonderful to hear how well she is doing and that you guys are coping so well. I cannot wait to see some photos of you guys with your precious little angel (hint,hint....) Take care and enjoy the rest of the trip. It won't be long now and Kitin will be home sleeping in her own bed, where she belongs!! Is it Sunday that you guys return? I can't wait to hear all about it mama!! God is soooooo good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Agnes....that is precious!! You are so right, this is exactly what you were meant to do. It was God's plan for you and you were faithful to follow through! Oh, I am so happy for you and your precious family! I'm with Renee....can't wait to see pics (HINT, HINT)...lol! Enjoy the rest of your time in Manila!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh, Daddy's little girl! How completely awesome! So glad you are all enjoying your time bonding as a new family. And just like everyone else, can't wait to see the pictures! So very, very happy for you three!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how sweet! I bet it was like music to your ears after all this time... I second Renee's comments...pictures please!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Little girls always have their Daddy wrapped around their little finger! I can't wait to meet your little daughter. How lucky you all are! Adorable daughter and wonderful Parents...obviously a match made in heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm just getting caught up and reading your posts from the past few days. I am LOVING the updates and getting to read about these first special days with your little girl. So precious!

    ReplyDelete