Sunday, February 6, 2011

Day 2: Gotcha Day Countdown - T minus 4 hours...

4 hours to go until we meet our daughter! I am filled to the brim with emotions. We have loved her for so long and today we will be given a chance to finally show her just how much. We've put together a goody bag for her of things she might like. It's all in a pink backpack that says: "Dream A Princess Dream". In there we have a purple polka dot dress, a Dora coloring kit, some Dora books, and a Mickey Mouse coloring books, crayons, and a Minnie Mouse and Dora stuffed toy. Of course, we added some organic snacks and a Dora sippy cup. Can you tell she likes Dora? We are excited to meet her but anxious as well. We know that she is in a wonderful foster family, who she is very attached to. I'm feeling some guilt of the grief she will feel when we finally complete the turnover. I guess the mommy instinct has already kicked in, because I already hurt for my little girl. We have prayed about this worry and are trying to focus on the long term future of our family to ease the anxiety. We know that this is something that needs to happen, so that we can bring our forever family together. Thankfully and blessedfully, we know that so many of our friends are praying with us...

3 comments:

  1. I`m so excited for you! Enjoy every moment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right. We are all praying that things go well. By now you have alrady met Kitin and I can't imagine what you and Edwared are feeling. I look forward to your next post because it will finally include Kitin!!!! Take care mama!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. By now you are with your little princess, and I hope things are going well for you! I have prayed that the transition was and continues to be smooth from her loving foster family to your family, and that your little angel knows just how very much you love her. Many blessings to you all! Enjoy the ride!

    ReplyDelete